Deadline: 1 October 2015
Open to: arboriculture and urban forestry researchers from all over the world
Grant: a maximum of $10,000
The Jack Kimmel International Grant Program, championed by the Canadian TREE Fund, honors the late Jack Kimmel who was the former Director of Parks for the City of Toronto. Jack Kimmel grants provide much needed funding to arboriculture and urban forestry researchers all over the world. This grant is administered by the TREE Fund, with participation from the Canadian TREE Fund in the evaluation process. Projects are expected to be completed within one to three years.
Grant award amounts are limited to a maximum of $10,000. Proposals in the following priority areas are more likely to be funded, but all proposals will be considered.
- Root and soil management;
- Propagation, planting and establishment;
- Plant health care;
- Risk assessment and worker safety;
- Urban forestry.
To become a part of the grant program applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Applicants can be arboriculture and urban forestry researchers anywhere in the world;
- Applicant must have experience in the proposed field of research and the proposed research must have practical application;
- Proposals can be in one of the above mentioned priority area or may be out of the box;
- Proposed project must be clearly linked to arboriculture and/or urban forestry;
- Proposed research must have objectives that are achievable within proposed time frame and budget.
Grant award amounts are limited to a maximum of $10,000 and will vary depending upon the adjudged value of the project relative to the needs of the arboriculture community. No project may receive more than one award from this program. Please note that funds cannot be used to pay for overhead expenses or student tuition and fees.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 1 October 2015. To apply please log in HERE and fill out the online application form. For successful application are necessary:
- Project’s purpose, significance, design and goals;
- Itemized project budget;
- Information on funds pending or received from other sources.
For more information please visit the official website.