Deadline: 1 October 2015
Open to: graduate students between the ages of 21 and 26
Fellowship: EUR 564 per month and accommodation
The OSCE Parliamentary Assembly International Secretariat regularly engages eight or nine graduate students of political science, law and international relations from universities in OSCE countries as Research Fellows in Copenhagen or Vienna.
- Conduct substantive research on various projects for the Assembly and provide assistance to its officials and staff members;
- Prepare briefing reports for parliamentary delegations, including for election observation missions and official visits by Parliamentary Assembly Members;
- Assist in the planning and execution of meetings of the Assembly, work with Assembly Committees, follow the work of OSCE Field Missions, and assist in the drafting of various Assembly reports;
- Draft speeches and statements and write papers on special projects undertaken by the Assembly’s Secretariat;
- Assist with day-to-day practical work in the office.
- Graduate students between the ages of 21 and 26 from universities in OSCE countries;
- Strong research and writing abilities and a solid academic background;
- Specific interests in the politics of the OSCE region, and particularly the former Soviet Union, are desirable;
- Excellent written and spoken English is required as this is the working language, and one other official OSCE language (French,German, Italian, Russian or Spanish) is desirable;
- Computer skills for word-processing and research are also necessary.
Fellowship positions are granted for six month periods. Housing is provided free of charge and all Research Fellows receive a small stipend of 564 euros per month, which covers minimum living expenses in Copenhagen or Vienna.
How to apply?
Interested applicants should submit their application, including the completed application form, a short cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a transcript of grades, two letters of recommendation and a recent photograph, to:
Assistant to the Secretary General
OSCE Parliamentary Assembly
1055 Copenhagen K, Denmark
E-mail: [email protected]
For more information, please check the official web-page.