Deadline: 30 September 2015
Open to: local authorities or civil society organizations
Grant: up to EUR 3,000
ALDA – the European Association for Local Democracy – continuously supports activities in the field of active European citizenship. In this perspective, they have decided to open a call for proposals for activities and events which will take place from 1 October to 31 December 2015. The applications should be committed to the advancement of ALDA’s main goals, which are promoting good governance and citizen participation at local level in Europe.
Eligible activities must promote the active involvement of citizens in EU public affairs, debates and policies and work towards an ever-integrated European Union. The applications should show links to the previous and current European years (EY Citizens – 2013/2014; EY Development – 2015).
- The applicants are local authorities or civil society organizations;
- The events can be conferences or debates, seminars, training course, campaigns and other visibility elements;
- The events need to take place in Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Luxembourg, Slovakia and the Netherlands;
- The event should preferably address partnerships between civil society and local authorities;
- The applicants, should the proposal be granted, will apply for ALDA’s membership. For more information on the membership status, please refer to Annex.
- When ALDA grants EUR 1,000, the applicant will present minimum EUR 1,000 as co-funding (Total EUR 2,000 per event);
- When ALDA grants EUR 2,000, the applicant will present minimum EUR 3,000 as co-funding (Total EUR 5,000 per event);
- When ALDA grants EUR 3,000, the applicant will present minimum EUR 7,000 as co-funding (Total EUR 10,000 per event).
In order to apply for this call, please submit your proposal by filling the dedicated templates and send it via email to Aldo Xhani, Coordinator of the Citizenship Programme: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applying is 30 September 2015. Applications submitted not in line with the guidelines will not be taken into consideration.