Deadline: until the position is filled
Open to: applicants with MA in education, science, or science communication
Remuneration: EUR 1,000 per month
European Schoolnet is a network of 30 European Ministries of Education, based in Brussels, Belgium. As a not-for-profit organisation, it aims to bring innovation in teaching and learning to the key stakeholders: Ministries of Education, schools, teachers, researchers, and industry partners. European Schoolnet is looking for an intern to join the Science team of European Schoolnet in Brussels.
This position will be a highly active, hands-on role and will give an excellent opportunity to get to grips with a range of issues in project management of science projects and work in an international environment liaising with colleagues and partners from all over Europe. The position can include these tasks:
- Drafting articles, letters, minutes and reports;
- Offering administrative support for contracts and finance control;
- Organising the logistics of events such as meetings, training sessions and conferences;
- Liaising with partners and subcontractors (e.g. teachers, European institutions, graphic designers, hotels, etc.).
Successful candidates should meet following requirements:
- Very good spoken and written English (Level C1 minimum);
- Masters degree preferably in education, science, or science communication, with strong motivation on the following areas: Science Education, ICT in Education and European funded projects;
- Good understanding of IT tools (minimum MS Office), ideally also OpenOffice, Moodle, Google docs, etc.;
- Experience in writing articles/letters/papers/reports and planning agendas/meetings;
- Good organizational skills since success in this role will depend upon forward planning and proactivity;
- Attention to detail necessary;
- Candidates should be enthusiastic with the desire to learn and maintain a high level of quality in their work.
The internship position would be based in Brussels, for 6 months and remunerated with EUR 1,000 per month.
How to apply?
The application for the iternship is open until the position is filled. To apply please send your CV plus a motivation letter to [email protected] and [email protected] The motivation letter must show how your background or interests fit the tasks planned for this internship. Only shorlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information please visit the official website.