Course starts: 5 October, 2015
Open to: tourism and hospitality professionals, managers, people active in tourism industry, policy makers, students and researchers in the field
Costs: You can enroll and take the course for free / EUR 49 for Certificate of Accomplishment
About this course
This is an introductory course to a fascinating journey into the eTourism world, which crosses both space and time, and is always closely connected with communication. We are embarking to create a great study experience, which explores how Information and Communication Technologies shape tourism – both for our personal experience and for the tourism industry at large. In other words, we will together explore eTourism by using tools and models from the Communication Sciences.
Key concepts and theories covered include: Online Communication Model; Roman Jakobson’s Communication Model; Quality of online contents; User Generated Content; Web 2.0; Reputation in online Media; Intercultural Communication and Localisation; eLearning; Argumentation; World Heritage Sites.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
The course is addressing especially:
- Destination managers
- People active in the tourism industry
- Policy makers
- Students, in particular within tourism and hospitality programs
- Academia and researchers
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
As this is an introductory course, no prerequisite knowledge is necessary to participate.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
By the end of the course, learners will know:
- what communication is, and its major components, ICTs and their relevance to the tourism field;
- how to be aware of the crucial role played by communication and ICTs within the tourism and hospitality sectors;
- current eTourism applications, technologies and practices;
- how to map different communication activities within the tourism sector;
- what kinds of online training courses can be used for the knowledge upgrade within tourism and hospitality;
- how to run a usability test and how to make usages analysis of a website or mobile app;
- how to plan, run and evaluate eTourism related activities, especially when it comes to the analysis of online reputation of a tourism destination.
How to enroll?
You can enroll and take this course for FREE at the iversity platform HERE. The course is set to start 5 October, 2015 and will be in the duration of 8 weeks. Completing 80% of the course materials will allow you claiming Statement for Participation. Certificate of Accomplishment is available upon EUR 49 payment.
For more information please visit the iversity platform.