Deadline: 4 October 2015
Open to: applicants with previous experience or an interest in the youth policy field, European institutions and with excellent written and oral skills in English
Remuneration: monthly compensation of EUR 1,595
The European Youth Forum is recruiting an intern for 3 months, starting immediately, in the Policy and Advocacy Department of the organisation. The internship is full-time and based at the European Youth Forum secretariat in Brussels. The intern will work to develop its advocacy work and its cooperation with European institutions. The intern would specifically work on projects and events reaching out to decision-makers and stakeholders at European level. The intern will support the institutional team of the Policy and Advocacy Department in its relations with European institutions across all policies areas that are relevant for young people. The objectives are to help to set the agenda, and deepen our relations with institutional partners. The intern will be supported by the Institutional Coordinator to achieve jointly agreed tasks and activities. These may include:
- Contribute through helping in the organising of events to enlarge, structure and animate the network of institutional contacts;
- Monitoring the work of the European Parliament, in particular of the CULT committee, the Youth Intergroup and the Plenary on youth issues;
- Monitoring the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Work directly on some policy actions – such as the preparation of a simulation EU referendum in the UK;
- Support holistic vision of youth policy across all policy areas and the Structured Dialogue on Youth process.
The Youth Forum seeks applicants with the following profile and requiered skills:
- Able to demonstrate previous experience or an interest in the youth policy field;
- Studies or direct experience of European institutions;
- Experience of organising advocacy events targeting decision-makers and stakeholders;
- Experience in a youth organisation would be a distinct advantage;
- Ability to communicate clearly and openly;
- Organised and methodical in task completion;
- Has self-confidence and an engaging attitude;
- Capacity to work with people from different social and cultural backgrounds;
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, and preferably in French;
- Computer literate (European Youth Forum uses Mac OS).
The European Youth Forum offers:
- An interesting learning opportunity and working experience in a major Brussels-based NGO;
- Insight into and development of skills in EU affairs communication, including the opportunity to draft articles, monitor social media and assist at events;
- The opportunity to gain specific knowledge on advocacy related to youth policy, education, social affairs, sustainable development, etc.;
- An internship regulated under the conditions of the Belgium internship contract called “Convention d’immersion professionnelle” and in line with the European Charter for Quality Internships and Apprenticeships;
- An internship with a monthly compensation of EUR 1,595,08 gross paid under the European Youth Forum Collective Bargaining Agreement;
- Coverage of 100% of the public transport travel costs within the Brussels region and of 60% of the public transport travel costs outside the Brussels region.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 4 October 2015. To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the new European Youth Forum online recruitment system and follow instructions below:
- Create a user account: click on “Registration” and fill in your personal details;
- Go to the “private area” and login with your username and password;
- Click on the vacancy and apply;
- Respond to our application questions;
- Upload your CV.
Interviews for this vacancy will be held during early October and the successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible. Due to the high number of applications usually received for European Youth Forum vacancies, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
For more information please visit the official website.