Deadline: 11 October 2015
Open to: applicants with a degree in communication, public affairs or similar and with excellent knowledge of English
Remuneration: the terms and conditions of the contract will be subject to Belgian law
European Solar Thermal Industry Federation (ESTIF) represents the interests of the solar heating and cooling industry, actively promoting the use of these technologies in Europe. Its membership covers the whole solar thermal value chain, from collector manufacturers to component suppliers, research institutes, service providers, national solar thermal and renewable energies associations.
ESTIF is looking for a graduate, with a commitment to renewable energy and willing to work on different communication related aspects: external & internal communication, media relations, website and social media, publications and communication materials. The internship is based in Brussels, Belgium for a duration of seven to eight months, starting between 26 October and 9 November 2015.
- Support on the management of the main ESTIF website, related websites and social media;
- Monitor media and press coverage of a range of issues relevant for the solar thermal sector;
- Draft texts and articles for different purposes: website, media, newsletter and other documents;
- Assist in the editing of publications, printed or digital: brochures, newsletters, communication materials;
- Support the work towards media: drafting press releases, media listings and enquiries;
- Support the internal communication work, mainly towards members;
- Updating the contacts’ database;
- To cooperate in the organisation of workshops and other events and support project management;
- To contribute, as required, to the overall work of the association and perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
All candidates should possess following skills:
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English: native speaker or equivalent level;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written German;
- Very good communication skills, either written or spoken, including copywriting;
- Degree in communication, public affairs or similar;
- Excellent analytical skills, with attention to detail, and accuracy;
- Good command of social media, CMS, online monitoring tools, graphic design and office software.
The terms and conditions of the contract will be subject to Belgian law. The successful applicant will be offered a “convention d’immersion professionnelle”.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 11 October 2015. Applicants should send an e-mail to [email protected] quoting “Communication Assistant Internship” in the subject line. The e-mail must include a short text with the applicant’s motivation (100 words maximum) to work in this field (Communication, Renewable Energy) and, in annex, a short CV.
For more information please visit the official website.