Deadline: 2 November 2015
Open to: people with knowledge of the UN System, especially in relation to the Universal Periodic Review and Human Rights Council
Remuneration: salary in the range CHF 60,000 – 66,000 (EUR 54,900- 60,400)
ILGA is the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association, an umbrella organisation of more than 1200 member organisations in all continents and articulated in six regions. ILGA’s vision is of a world where the human rights of all are respected and where everyone can live in equality and freedom; a world where global justice and equity are assured and established regardless of the people’s sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and bodily diversities.
This is an full-time job position within the team of ILGA. In consultation with the UN Programme and Advocacy Manager, the post holder will be responsible for ILGA’s work on the UN Universal Periodic Review (UPR). Starting date is 1 December 2015.
- Support ILGA member organisations in submissions to and advocacy related to the UPR, both electronically and in person in Geneva;
- Work collaboratively with those other organisations working on LGBTI human rights within the UPR;
- Assist in advocacy and coordination at the UN Human Rights Council, including facilitating the drafting of statements, arranging awareness-raising side events, and supporting engagement in interactive dialogues and general debate.
Detailed list of tasks you can find it HERE.
- Excellent knowledge of the UN System, especially in relation to the Universal Periodic Review and Human Rights Council, ideally accompanied by direct experience in working for a relevant government department, NGO or UN Agency;
- Knowledge of the international LGBTI movement and related human rights issues. Firsthand experience in an LGBTI organization is highly desirable;
- Fluent English, both written and oral. Fluency in Spanish and French are also highly desirable. Other UN languages an asset;
- Availability for international travels related to the implementation of the programme.
The salary scale for the post is in the range of CHF 60,000 – 66,000 (EUR 54,900- 60,400), gross annual salary including holiday pay depending on experience. The organisation offers 25 days annual leave, luncheon vouchers and covers local transport. Some relocation support to Geneva is also possible.
For more information please visit the official website.