Deadline: 25 November 2016
Open to: non-professional photographers worldwide aged minimum 18 by the deadline
Prizes: 10-day all-expenses-paid trip to Nepal, a free 45-min portfolio review from Richard I’Anson
WorldNomads are accepting applications from aspiring travel photographers around the world for its Travel Photography Scholarship competition, offering the chance to go on a photography assignment in Nepal and be mentored by a professional photographer. One winning photographer will be awarded with a 10-day all-expenses-paid trip to Nepal and professional mentorship from travel photographer Richard I’Anson. On the assignment, scheduled for 7-18 February 2016, under the mentorship of Richard I’Anson, the winning photographer will obtain invaluable mentoring and hands-on experience in everything from shot set up, technique and composition. Most of all, the winner will be experiencing what it’s like to be a photographer on-assignment.
All competitors should meet following requirements:
- Any non-professional can apply – this is open photography students or keen amateurs/pro-amateurs looking build a career in travel photography.
- The scholarship is open to all nationalities (subject to obtaining a visa to enter Nepal); however, you must have an exceptionally high degree of proficiency in written English;
- Minimum age 18 by the application deadline (25 November 2015);
- Competitors must have a current, valid passport and you must be available as per the dates set out. Please note these dates are not changeable in any way;
- Competitors must be fit and healthy as moderate levels of physical work are involved as well as a number of late nights;
- All applicants should be an exceptional photographers with a lust for adventure, have a strong desire to be mentored and grow their photographic knowledge and skills, an ambition to forge a career in travel photography.
The winner will be awarded:
- A 10-day all-expenses-paid trip to Nepal;
- Round-trip airfare from your country of residence to Kathmandu, Nepal;
- Professional mentorship from travel photographer Richard I’Anson;
- Travel insurance for the duration of the trip from World Nomads;
- Plus be outfitted for the assignment with gear from Kathmandu.
The 4 Runner’s Up will be awarded a free 45-min portfolio review from Richard I’Anson (valued at $800 AUD).
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 25 November 2015. To apply please follow these 3 steps:
- Shoot your photo story (maximum of 5 images);
- Craft a 1500-character essay telling what winning this scholarship would mean to you and why you should be chosen;
- Complete the application form including your personal details along with uploading your photos.
For more information please visit the official website.