Deadline: 17 November 2015
Open to: people aged above 18 years from all around the world
Fellowship: stipend of USD 80,000, health insurance, professional and leadership development
Echoing Green’s Fellowship Programs will offer more than $4.6 million in seed-stage funding and support this year to emerging leaders working to bring about positive social change. They believe investing in and supporting the right people relative to the right ideas and ability to execute, rather than specific business plans, results in a lifetime of leadership. Echoing Green has invested over $40 million in seed-stage funding and strategic assistance in nearly 700 world-class leaders driving positive social change around the globe. Echoing Green Fellows include the founders of Teach For America, City Year, College Summit, Citizen Schools, One Acre Fund, and SKS Microfinance.
About the fellowships:
- The Global Fellowship is their twenty-seven-year-old program for smart leaders who are deeply connected to the needs and potential solutions that may work best for their communities. Any emerging social entrepreneur from any part of the world working to disrupt the status quo may apply;
- The Black Male Achievement (BMA) Fellowship is the first fellowship in the world for social entrepreneurs dedicated to improving the life outcomes of black men and boys in the United States. The Fellowship was founded and is supported in partnership with the Open Society Foundations since 2012. BMA Fellows generate new ideas and best practices in the areas of education, family, and work, such as initiatives related to fatherhood, mentoring, college preparatory programs, community-building, career and economic opportunities, communications, and philanthropic leadership;
- The Climate Fellowship, built in partnership with The ZOOM Foundation, is specifically targeted for next-generation social entrepreneurs committed to working on innovations in mitigation and adaptation to climate change. The threat of global climate change is one of the greatest humanitarian and economic challenges of our time. Our interest is in considering the full spectrum of responses to the climate crisis – from innovative technology in Silicon Valley to community organizing in the developing world.
- Over 18 years old;
- Fluent in English;
- Able to commit a full 35 hour work week to their organization.
- The original idea of the applicant(s);
- In its start-up phase, usually within the first two years of operation;
- Independent and autonomous;
- An organization can be either a non-profit, a for-profit, or hybrid;
- An organization does not only have to be run by one individual. Partnerships can apply for a Fellowship;
- Organizations still in the idea phase are eligible.
- Students, scholarships, or research projects;
- Lobbying or faith-based organizations;
- Existing organizations which have grown past their start-up phase.
During their first two years, Fellows receive up to USD 90,000, participate in leadership development gatherings, and will access the powerful network of Echoing Green Fellows, partners, and friends. Echoing Green’s 2015 Barclays Brain Trust Series, sponsored in part by Barclays, is a program of roundtable and mentorship opportunities for Fellows with leading professionals working in marketing, fundraising, business development, and technology. They continue to support their Fellow community long after their initial funding period with ongoing programs and opportunities at critical inflection points in their organizations or careers.
The Fellowships are awarded annually to individuals or partners who receive:
- A stipend of USD 80,000 for individuals (or USD 90,000 for two-person partnerships) paid in four equal installments over two years;
- A health insurance stipend;
- A yearly professional development stipend;
- Leadership development and networking gatherings;
- Access to technical support and pro bono partnerships to help grow their organization and a dedicated Echoing Green portfolio manager;
- A community of like-minded social entrepreneurs, public service leaders, and industry leaders including the Echoing Green network of more than 600 Fellows working in over sixty countries all over the world.
In order to apply you should:
Deadline for applying is 17 November 2015.
For more information please visit the official website.