Deadline: 15 November 2015
Open to: students with completed Master’s degree in Political Science, Sociology, Ethnology, (East/Southeast) European Studies or a cognate discipline
Remuneration: remunerated according to the Public Service Salary Scale of the States (TV‐L), pay level E13
The Junior Research Group “Frozen and Unfrozen Conflicts” has been established in 2015 and will comprise five researchers. The research group will conduct comparative research on territorial conflicts and their backgrounds in Eastern and Southeastern Europe, especially in the area of the former Soviet Union and the former Yugoslavia. The appointment will be for 3 years starting from January 2016 in Regensburg, Germany.
Thus the project will cover a wide range of current or recent frozen/unfrozen conflict areas from Eastern Ukraine to Georgia (Abkhazia and South Ossetia), Moldavia (Transnistria), Azerbaijan (Nagorno‐Karabakh) as well as Kosovo, Macedonia, Bosnia‐Herzegovina, Northern Cyprus and others. Methods of political science will take centre stage. Innovative approaches will be encouraged. The central questions of the project are the following, to be approached from different angles:
- Which resources, and under which conditions, are employed by local/regional elites for separatist projects?
- What are the roles of the EU, the Russian Federation and other international players for the development of these conflicts?
- What is the significance of historical, institutional and socio‐economic factors?
Applicants should fulfill following criteria:
- An excellent Master’s degree in Political Science, Sociology, Ethnology, (East/Southeast) European Studies or a cognate discipline;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- An innovative dissertation project in the area of “frozen and unfrozen conflicts”.
The position is a 65% part time position, remunerated according to the Public Service Salary Scale of the States (TV‐L), pay level E13. The final salary level depends on previous work experience.
How to apply?
- Cover letter;
- Lists of publications and presentations, and of teaching experience (if applicable);
- Relevant certificates;
- Research proposal (5 pages max.);
- Names of two references.
You can apply by fulfilling online application form.
If you have any questions you can contact the head of the junior research group, Dr. Tanja Tamminen at [email protected]‐regensburg.de.
For more information please visit the official website.