Deadline: 30 April 2016
Open to: students all over the globe who are currently enrolled in travel related tertiary education courses
Grant: USD 1,000 grant for student expenses, USD 1,000 travel voucher
As the multi-day tour sector grows within the USD 2 trillion dollar travel industry, it is imperative that the next generation of tour operators, travel agents, tour guides and travel marketers have the skills, experience and knowledge to be able to drive this industry forward. At TourRadar, they understand the importance of education, but also value the competence of thinking outside the box, getting first hand knowledge and learning from the best – those with proven experience.
The scholarship is designed to assist students who are passionate about the travel industry, while allowing them to gain priceless experience, industry knowledge, and help further their education.
- All applicants must be enrolled full-time in an accredited tertiary education institution;
- The scholarship is open to bachelor, vocational or master level students studying travel or tourism (or equivalent courses).
- USD 1,000 grant to assist with student expenses such as travel related conferences or events, books and more;
- USD 1,000 travel voucher for TourRadar to be used towards any tour on TourRadar;
- One week work experience in a TourRadar office of your choice (Vienna, Austria, Brisbane, Australia or Toronto, Canada) to gain an understanding of how an online travel agent and startup works;
- One week work experience in the G Adventures Head office in Toronto, Canada;
- One week on tour with a G Adventures CEO to see the life “on the road” and understanding what it is like to work for one of the worlds biggest tour operators;
- Your video will be prominently featured across the TourRadar social media accounts (200,000+) and through the TourRadar weekly newsletter.
To apply for the TourRadar Travel Scholarship, you will have to submit a video featuring a single destination. You have to think how a tour guide would think and feature your local town, city or your favorite place you’ve traveled to. All videos must:
- Give an overview of the destination, reasons people would want to travel there and what the highlights of the area are;
- Show your enthusiasm for the destination with yourself being featured in the video;
- Ascertain a certain quality. They are not looking for professional videos, but production quality will be taken into consideration, alongside quality of information;
- Be between 2 minutes 30 seconds and 3 minutes in length.
You will also submit an essay (400 words maximum) explaining how you will use the scholarship award to further your education and experience within the travel industry.
Please note, that they do not require applications to feature exotic or far away destinations. They are making this scholarship open to all, so featuring your local town, suburb or city within the above requirements will not be any disadvantage.
Deadline for applying is 30 April 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.