Deadline: 15 February 2016
Open to: students worldwide who have completed their high school education, with one entry per person
Prizes: first prize of EUR 100,000, second prize EUR 10,000
Valeo is offering young students worldwide the opportunity to make the car of 2030 and the way it’s used more intelligent, intuitive, green and fun. Comprising teams of two to five people, students from any discipline can take part by presenting a relevant, innovative project in English. The aim is to stimulate the students’ creativity, enabling them to form multidisciplinary teams. The Valeo Innovation Challenge is part of Valeo’s innovation strategy, supported by the company’s annual Research and Development budget of over EUR 1 billion.
The aim of the contest is to reward an innovative automobile-related project (technological innovation or idea for new ways of using the car) that is the product of the imagination of students worldwide.
Valeo launched the 3rd edition of its contest, the “Valeo Innovation Challenge 2016”, which offers students from around the world the opportunity to become players in automotive innovation. They are required to come up with an innovation which would, between now and 2030, make the car and the way it is used more intelligent, intuitive, green and fun. These students are being asked to develop bold solutions for the society of tomorrow.
- The contest is open to students worldwide who have completed their high school education, with one entry per person (same name and same e-mail address);
- Contest entrants must be able to travel outside their country of residence and possess, by October 2016, a passport that is still valid for six months after the date scheduled for the prize giving (October 2016);
- Each team leader must plan to collate all of the original banking information and documents that will be required prior to payment of the financial support in phase 2 – creation of proof of concept (see article 12): IBAN, SWIFT numbers, letter from bank certifying that entrant is an account holder.
The 24 projects selected for the model phase will receive financial assistance in accordance with the content of Article 12.
A first prize of EUR 100,000 will be awarded on completion of the contest in each of the following categories:
- The innovation prize for the best technological innovation;
- The idea prize for new ways of using the car.
The second prize for each in these two categories is EUR 10,000.
The projects submitted online must meet the following criteria and technical constraints:
- Documents must be drafted in English;
- Phase 1 – Presentation of the project (5 pages maximum) with illustrations authorizes (photos, diagrams).
Criteria taken into account:
- Bold, innovative and original idea of the project (50%);
- Challenges and relevance of the problem dealt with and factoring in of society’s expectations (20%);
- Knowledge of technical / related matters (10%);
- Feasibility of the demonstration model (10%);
- Quality of presentation (10%).
Deadline for applying is 15 January 2015.
For more information please visit the official website.