Deadlines: 4 December, 2015, 11 March, 2016, 10 June, 2016
Open to: students with completed at least a three-year post-secondary study program (e.g. a Bachelor’s degree) in politics, international relations, journalism, translation studies, or any other related subject
Salary: EUR 450 per month
The Embassy of Canada in Berlin is offering a total of four internships, each for a period of three months in Political Section. The internship program is only available on a full-time basis.
- Support the Political Section by conducting various research tasks (mainly based on internet sources), drafting reports and providing background material concerning current political issues (mostly relating to Germany);
- Perform a daily media scan of Germany’s political environment according to the priorities of the Political Section and draft summaries in English;
- Support the organization of events taking place at the Embassy, as well as official visits to Germany by Canadian delegations or guest speakers.
- Completed at least a three-year post-secondary study program (e.g. a Bachelor’s degree) in politics, international relations, journalism, translation studies, or any other related subject;
- Fluency in oral and written German and English;
- Very knowledgeable about the German political system as well as current foreign and domestic policy issues in Germany and a strong interest in Canadian domestic and foreign policy;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating adaptability, attention to detail and organizational skills. Candidates should be able to multitask effectively;
- Good computer literacy, internet research experience and willingness to familiarize oneself with the Embassy’s internal computer programs;
- Knowledge of written and oral French is an asset.
The internship program is only available on a full-time basis and interns will be paid EUR 450 per month.
How to apply?
You can currently apply for three following internships:
- April 1 until June 30, 2016 – Deadline for applications: December 4, 2015
- July 1 until September 30, 2016 – Deadline for applications: March 11, 2016
- October 3 until December 30, 2016 – Deadline for applications: June 10, 2016
Interested candidates should send the application, including a cover letter and your CV in English (max. size: 1 MB), to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected candidates will be invited to a trilingual telephone interview in German, English and French.
For more information please visit official website.