Deadline: 27 November 2015
Open to: applicants fluent in English with strong knowledge and/or relevant experience in economics
Remuneration: EUR 755 per month
Transport & Environment (T&E), the leading Brussels-based NGO promoting cleaner transport in Europe, is recruiting a trainee to join its transport team. The ideal candidate will have a degree in economics and relevant experience in environmental and/or transport policy, including on topics like pricing, modelling, or other relevant topics such as EU climate policy. The intern would assist the transport & vehicles team in developing and implementing policy ideas. This is a fixed six-month contract. Principal duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Research, drafting policy papers/briefings and developing and implementing policy ideas;
- Participation in seminars, stakeholder meetings and other events;
- Monitoring industrial and regulatory developments;
- Helping organize events in Parliament;
- Supporting the T&E staffs with ad hoc tasks as appropriate.
To be eligible for an internship following skills and competences are required:
- Strong knowledge and/or relevant experience in economics, ideally including:
- EU climate policy;
- External costs and road charging;
- (Fuel) taxation policy;
- Vehicle CO2 regulation (cars, vans, trucks);
- Good written and verbal communications skills including the ability to synthesize complicated policy issues into digestible products;
- Willingness to learn and dig into transport issues. Well-organized and able to work on projects autonomously;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multicultural team environment and strong interpersonal skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Fluency in English is essential. German is a very big plus.
The position is a full-time one, with a fixed six-month contract and a monthly remuneration of EUR 755.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 27 November 2015. To apply please send following documents to email@example.com:
- Short cover letter explaining why you want to work for us; ideally, not longer than half a page;
- One page essay on how the candidate sees the role of pricing and economic instruments in the greening and decarbonisation of transport.
Please ensure the job vacancy title is shown in the subject line.
For more information please visit the official website.