Deadline: 19 January 2016
Open to: anyone who has published article about Belarus during year 2015
Prizes: EUR 3×500 for professionals and EUR 3×300 for amateurs
Are you interested in Belarus? Have you written articles about this country in 2015? If the answer is “yes” then Belarus in Focus 2015 is for you. Goal is to encourage journalists and editors to pay attention to ongoing events and trends in Belarus – political, economic, social, and cultural. By creating a place for exchange and debate, organizers hope to contribute to understanding about Belarus, and help to overcome country’s isolation.
There are no restrictions on nationality, citizenship, or place of residence. Belarusian journalists are particularly encouraged to enter. The Competition is not open to employees of Belarus in Focus Information Office or their family members, or anyone else directly connected to the Competition.
- Best articles by professional journalists: 3 prizes of EUR 500
- Best articles by beginner journalists: 3 prizes of EUR 300
In addition, an audience award will be given by online voters.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 19 January 2016. You may enter up to 2 articles that you have written/co-written, providing they are:
- About Belarus;
- Published between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015, online or in print;
- Published in media outside of Belarus whose main target audience is non-Belarusian;
- In English/ translated into English. Other languages: Danish, Spanish, German, French, Ukrainian, Norwegian, Swedish, Bulgarian;
- Russian, Polish;
- More than a straightforward news/promo piece.
To apply please fill in the online application form.
For more information, please visit official web-page.