Deadline: 30 November 2015
Open to: young people from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Cyprus
Fellowship: covers free accommodation and catering; meditation sessions and lectures fee; yoga classes
At Peace Revolution, provide both online and offline activities related to finding and discover own inner peace, self-development and bringing them all out to the world. Under the motto “PIPO”, Peace Rebels will learn through these activities how to find the balance between activities for maintaining their inner peace and how to implement this inner peace activity into their daily life.
The ones who are ready to tackle the challenge need to be decision makers and passionate about building peaceful actions, seeking and accepting changes, spreading and collecting peaceful events, and living a healthy lifestyle. The purpose of this fellowship is to engage young open-minded leaders and support their growth as change-makers to effectively contribute to the region’s sustainable and inclusive development. The fellowship date is 1-3 April 2016.
The retreat will include interactive activities, meditation & yoga sessions, lectures and discussions providing the participants with new skills for non-violent resistance, peace education, enhanced creativity and stress-management. Participants will have a chance to explore meditation as a practice which can cultivate skills to deal with challenges within peace-building and youth work, which makes this course different from others.
The SEE Piece Fellowship aims:
- To empower young people, offering them the space to create ideas for implementation of activities and events in their own communities;
- To bring young leaders and activists from the SEE region together to exchange experiences and provide a foundation for future cooperation;
- Strengthen an active network of young peace builders that aims to boost creativity and to support participant’s personal and professional development;
- To promote tools of non-violent communication and peace building that can be applied to all cultures, religions and professions;
- To provide the participants with the tools to inner peace and leadership skills through mindfulness, self-discipline and compassion that helps strengthen their activism and place them in meaningful work environment;
- To explore the idea that self-development and inner change as a core foundation of sustainable world change;
- To promote active citizenship among young people and enhance their sense of solidarity by sharing their visions to manifest tangible changes in their communities.
- Nationals and residents of these countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Cyprus;
- Age required between 20-32 years old at the time of submitting the application;
- Completed the 21 days of the online self-development program. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Young leaders who are actively involved in peace activities or have passion to work in peace building and coexistence within the spheres of politics, society, culture and media;
- Open-minded and positive young people who are searching for the right tools to cultivate inner peace and mindfulness in their daily lives
- Good proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Candidates should be fully self-supportive for the transportation to the venue.
The SEE Peace Fellowship covers:
- Meditation sessions and lectures fee;
- Yoga Classes;
- Transportation: Partial support can be given to individuals given their strong statement of motivation.
How to apply?
Applicants must register online latest by 30 November 2015.
For more information please visit the official website.