Deadline: 15 January 2016
Open to: applicants interested to have a research with focus on Serbia
Scholarship: the position comes with a salary of USD 45,000
The East Central European Center of Columbia University invites applications for a postdoctoral research scholar position in Serbian studies for the academic year 2016-17. The postdoctoral research scholar’s curricular responsibility is to develop and teach one course each semester (Fall 2016 and Spring 2017). The scholar is required to be in residence in the New York City area and is expected to participate in the intellectual life of the East Central European Center and the Harriman Institute.
Applications from candidates in the Social Science or Humanities disciplines are strongly encouraged. The applicant’s research must focus on Serbia. The position is open to young scholars who have received (or will have received) the Ph.D. in a relevant discipline from 31 July 2013 to 30 June 2016 and who do not hold a tenure-track position. Recipients must complete all their Ph.D. requirements (completed and deposited the dissertation) by June 30, 2016.
The position comes with a salary of USD 45,000 (with benefits).
How to apply?
The following list of materials is required of applicants:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Course proposals: two schematic proposals of no more than a page each for two undergraduate courses to be offered at Columbia University;
- Research proposal (2-3 pages);
- A writing sample, such as an article or dissertation chapter;
- Letters of recommendation: 2 letters of reference that include an evaluation of your research and teaching proposals;
- Previous Education: Indicate on your curriculum vitae each college and university you have attended, with the inclusive dates.
Please send completed application materials by email in a single PDF file to Rebecca Dalton to [email protected]. Letters of recommendation should be sent separately by the referees to Ms. Dalton by that deadline.
For more information, please download official call.