Deadline: 18 December 2015
Open to: media professional from Macedonia with at least two years of professional experience
Fellowship: round-trip travel to the United States plus living allowance to cover housing, meals, and incidentals
The Macedonia Media Leaders Program (MMLP) is a professional development program for journalists and media professionals from Macedonia. The strategic aim of MMLP is to help strengthen the media sector in Macedonia through the professional development of journalists and media professionals. MMLP leaders:
- Strengthen their media competencies and professionalism as journalists;
- Develop their leadership skills;
- Build their professional networks in the media sphere.
Media professionals selected for the MMLP will participate in four-month fellowships in the United States. The 2016-2017 program will take place between August and December of 2016, and will include fellowship with U.S. host institution, Media and Leadership training and networking opportunities.
Competition for the Macedonia Media Leaders Program is merit-based and open to any media professional who meets the following criteria:
- Is a citizen of Macedonia;
Is currently living in Macedonia at the time of application;
- Has at least two years of professional experience as a journalist or media professional at the time of application;
- Is able to begin the program in the United States in August of 2016, and is committed to returning to Macedonia for a period of two years after completion of the program;
Is able to receive a U.S. J-1 visa;
Is proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application.
Financial provisions are:
- J-1 visa support;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
Round-trip travel from participant’s home city to the U.S.;
Living allowance to cover housing, meals, and incidentals.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 18 December 2015, 5:00 PM EST. To apply submit completed Macedonia Media Leaders Program application and all additional required documents to [email protected]. In addition to the completed program application, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Current resume or curriculum vitae, written in English;
- One letter of recommendation from your current or previous supervisor, written in English. The letter must be signed and on organizational letterhead, if available. Letters of recommendation written by the applicant himself/herself will not be accepted;
- If applying as a journalist, two samples of previously published work. The samples can be submitted in their original language.
For more information please visit the official website.