Deadline: 10 December 2015
Open to: recent graduate in International Development, Economics, Politics, Social Science, or the equivalent with excellent written and verbal English
Remuneration: a paid internship
ONE is a global campaign and advocacy organization backed by nearly seven million people from around the world and every walk of life that are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. ONE has offices in Berlin, Brussels, Johannesburg, London, New York City, Paris and Washington DC. The Brussels office is currently looking for the Global Policy Intern who will work with the Brussels team to support the Global Policy Director. The internship will be for six months in duration, beginning in January 2016. The intern will work from the office in Brussels and will report to the Global Policy Director. In this role, he/she will:
- Collect, analyse and edit reports on important policy and advocacy issues and related topics;
- Prepare and attend internal and external briefings and meetings, taking thorough notes and reporting back to the Global Policy Director;
- Provide research on policy and advocacy issues as required;
- Provide general administrative support as required;
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor or the designee.
All candidates should meet following requirements:
- Recent graduate in International Development, Economics, Politics, Social Science, or the equivalent;
- Excellent experience in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Excellent analytical and organisational capacities;
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; French is desirable;
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration;
- Demonstrable interest in campaigning, development issues and Africa;
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
The internship will be paid. The amount of remuneration will be specified during the application process.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 10 December 2015. To apply please submit an application, resume, and cover letter on ONE jobs page. Only candidates authorized to work in in Belgium without any restrictions need apply.
For more information please visit the official website.