Deadline: 25 December 2015
Open to: university professors from all around the world
Remuneration: honorarium of 500 EUR, travel expenses, accommodation and meals
University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina”– International Summer University (UPISU) is organized by the University of Prishtina in cooperation with various donors and partners. The aim of UPISU is creation of direct links to regional and international universities as well as the advancement of the methodology of teaching and the increase of scientific research capacities.
The Summer University gathers academics, professors and students from all around the world aiming thus the mutual exchange of their academic experiences and offers the possibility to learn more about Kosovo.
The University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina” will organize the 16th edition of Prishtina International Summer University, which will be held from 04-15 July 2016. It will be offering ten credited courses covering a wide range of study fields such as social sciences, law, economics, arts, education, medicine, engineering, linguistics, agronomics, archaeology etc.
The hosting university University of Prishtina defines selection criteria. Generally speaking, course proposals matching with or adding to the course suggestions provided by the university departments (based on their priorities and needs) have a substantial chance of being accepted.
Additionally, departments are especially interested in hosting international teaching faculty who have the intention to develop future institutionalized co-operation with the UP. Furthermore, if no appropriate local counterpart, i.e. co-professor can be appointed for your course, the UPISU Committee may prefer to select a different course/visiting professor, even though your application material is of high quality.
- Selected visiting professors will be paid a modest allowance EUR 500 for the whole course;
- The UP does not cover costs for (additional health, molest or travel) insurance. The UP has no obligations concerning social and/or health. Please also check the validity of your health and travel insurance for Kosovo;
- Once you have been selected as a visiting professor, UPISU staff will purchase your ticket as soon as possible in order to contain the expenses made for travel reimbursements (during previous years late bookings resulted in extraordinary high prices for airfare). In case of impossibility of UPISU staff to provide you with tickets, you can purchase your ticket. Any costs that are not reasonably related to travelling to the UPISU directly will not be reimbursed, e.g. unnecessary long stop overs, and subsequently, high hotel costs;
- UPISU staff will make housing arrangements. Visiting professors will stay in a dormitory. Accommodation costs will be covered by the organization. You will share your accommodation with other visiting professors. The organization will arrange accommodation to cover your teaching period, plus 3 days preceding and/or following your teaching period if necessary (depending on the dates of your arrival and departure);
- Three daily meals provided at the student restaurant.
How to apply?
If your department wants to be part of this program, you can complete the application form. The application form should be returned to the International Relations Office, not later then 25 December 2015.
Please make sure you fill out the application as completely as possible to the last detail. Incomplete forms and in languages other than English will not be taken into consideration. If you need help in completing the forms, please contact them at [email protected]
For more information please visit the official website.