Deadline: 2 January 2016
Open to: youth workers aged 18-30
Venue: 8-12 February 2016, Platres, Cyprus
Be one of the 100 young change makers from across the globe who will design new and innovative systems of governance Future Worlds Center is inviting youth from all over Europe to participate in a global initiative Reinventing Democracy in the Digital Era that aims to reinvent a new system of governance by proposing new and innovative actions. The initiative aims to engage youth in both physical and virtual meetings with the first physical meeting taking place in Cyprus in 8-12 February 2016. Tasks of participants are as follows:
- Able to identify 10 participants that will virtually contribute with their ideas to the objectives of the project through social media and ICT-based technologies;
- Participate in the structured dialogue co-Laboratory in Cyprus;
- Participate in 3 regional webinars and two global webinars;
- Contribute ideas for a global e-book;
- Contribute ideas for the Manifesto for 21st Century Democracy;
- Contribute ideas using social media, ICT-based technologies.
All applicants should be/have:
- Representatives of NGOs and informal groups OR representatives of formal education, non-formal & administrative bodies working with youth;
- Youth workers;
- 18-30 years old;
- 2 years volunteer/professional experience in an a non-profit, for-profit or hybrid organization (preferred but not obligatory);
- Very good level of both spoken and written English.
All expenses will be covered for selected participants; however you might need to contribute towards your traveling expenses.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 2 January 2016. To participate please fil in the online application HERE.