Deadline: 5 February 2016
Open to: young people between 16 and 30 years old coming from the Council of Europe member states
Venue: 22 – 24 March and 18-20 October 2016 in Strasbourg, France
In close co-operation with the European Youth Foundation and the Council of Europe Youth Department, the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe is inviting a number of young people to take an active part in its 30th and 31st sessions.
What is the Congress and what does taking part in its sessions involve? The primary role of the Congress is to promote local and regional democracy, improve local and regional governance and strengthen authorities’ self-government. It meets in session twice a year.
The aim of this meeting is to involve young people to take an active part in its 30th and 31st sessions the Congress, in co-operation with the Council of Europe Youth Department, aims to create a space for dialogue between the selected youth delegates and local and regional elected representatives and to enable young people to express their views on the issues being debated.
- Have been resident in one of the Council of Europe member States for a minimum of five years;
- Be a member of a local/regional youth council or parliament, or local/regional council or assembly or executive, or a representative of a youth NGO, or a youth-led structure, or involved in youth work, or a local or regional elected representative;
- Speak English fluently and also during the sittings they speak in one of the official or working languages for which interpretation is provided (English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Turkish);
- Applicants must also submit a short video, for example via YouTube, of no more than 30 seconds, to support their application. The link to the video should be sent together with the application;
- Experience and motivation (in no more than 200 words for each reply: longer answers will be disregarded).
The youth delegates’ travel and subsistence expenses will be covered jointly by the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities and the European Youth Foundation according to the Council of Europe’s rules. Accommodation will be provided and paid for by the organisers, in single-occupancy or shared rooms according to availability. The organisers cannot cover the cost of accommodation elsewhere.
How to apply?
The application form is available at the official webpage. Completed application forms must be sent to: [email protected].
The deadline to apply is 5 February 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.