Deadline: 31 March 2016
Open to: nationals of an ADB borrowing member countries pursuing postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields
Scholarship: full tuition fees, monthly subsistence and housing allowance, allowance for books and instructional materials, medical insurance and travel expenses
Government of Japan offers ADB-Japan scholarship program for students in 2016-2017 academic session. Scholarships will be awarded to undertake postgraduate studies. It aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to pursue postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region.
- A national of an ADB borrowing member (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship);
- Gained admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution;
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record;
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application;
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies;
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application (in exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old).
Scholarship can be taken at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region. The ADB-JSP provides:
- full tuition fees;
- a monthly subsistence and housing allowance;
- an allowance for books and instructional materials;
- medical insurance;
- travel expenses;
- for scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
How to Apply?
Applicants should request information and application forms from the chosen Academic Institution(s). Applications for scholarships should be sent at least six months prior to the planned time that you wish to commence studies. The completed Institution application form and required documentation, including the ADB-JSP Information Sheet form, should be submitted to the academic institution.
See more information on the official web-page.