Deadline: 22 February 2016
Open to: participants between the ages of 18 and 25 years old with interest and dedication to development issues
Costs: fully funded programme with expenses related to travel, stipend, accommodation and health insurance covered by UNFPA
Organizational Setting UNFPA is seeking two of the brightest and most ambitious youth globally to be a part our new Young Innovators Fellowship Programme. The fellows will undergo leadership training for a period of three months (July-September 2016), before they are placed in a management operations role for a period of nine months, continuing their fellowship in various Headquarters work units such as: Human Resources, Finance, Management Information Systems, Communications, or External Affairs.
- Have demonstrated interest and dedication to development issues established through either volunteer experience, work experience, affiliations with a youth network or NGO, in areas of UNFPA’s mandate;
- Basic understanding of issues of importance to UNFPA and what the organization stands for;
- Working knowledge of English (mandatory: written and oral);
- Depending on the duty station, another UN language such as French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian may be required;
- Commitment to return to home country to promote International Conference of Population and Development mandate;
- Aged between 18 years to 25 years old as of 29th February 2016.
Programme is fully-funded and covers:
- Expenses related to travel, stipend, accommodation and health insurance;
- Cost of return economy-class travel from country of origin;
- Financial and administrative assistance with travel documents and visa requirements;
- Health insurance;
- Housing arrangements (fully paid for accommodation);
- Monthly stipend (for meals and other basic needs);
- A workstation with computer and internet access;
- Opportunities to be mentored by UNFPA staff and external mentors;
- Administrative assistance as required via our Service Centre.
How to Apply?
You must login or register first to precede the application. In order to apply follow Step-by-step guide.
For more information, please visit the official website.