Deadline: 15 April 2016
Open to: everyone under 35 years old a university degree in the humanities, in the social sciences, or in the natural sciences
Fellowship: Living accommodations for five to six months in the garden cottage of Einstein`s own summerhouse in Caputh, Brandenburg, and, EUR 10, 000 and reimbursement of travel expenses
The Einstein Forum and the Daimler and Benz Foundation are offering fellowship for outstanding young thinkers who wish to pursue a project in a different field from that of their previous research. The purpose of the fellowship is to support those who, in addition to producing superb work in their area of specialization, are also open to other, interdisciplinary approaches – following the example set by Albert Einstein. The Einstein Forum and the Daimler and Benz Foundation awarded for 2017, the Albert Einstein Scholarship to support creative, interdisciplinary thinking. The scholarship will give outstanding young people the opportunity to realize a research project, being located outside of their previous work. The scholarship is awarded since 2007 and granted a five- to six-month stay in Einstein’s summer house in Caputh near Potsdam.
- Candidates must be under 35 and hold a university degree in the humanities, in the social sciences, or in the natural sciences;
- It is not relevant whether the applicant has begun working toward, or currently holds, a PhD;
- A successful application must demonstrate the quality, originality, and feasibility of the proposed project, as well as the superior intellectual development of the applicant. It is not relevant whether the applicant has begun working toward, or currently holds, a PhD;
- The proposed project must be significantly different in content and preferably filed and formed from the applicant’s previous work.
The fellowship includes:
- living accommodations for five to six months in the garden cottage of Einstein`s own summerhouse in Caputh, Brandenburg, only a short distance away from the universities and academic institutions of Potsdam and Berlin;
- a stipend of EUR 10,000 and reimbursement of travel expenses.
How to apply?
For further information on the application process take a look at the official call HERE. Applications should be submitted by mail to:
Prof. Dr. Susan Neiman
Am Neuen Markt 7
Or by email to: [email protected]
For more information visit official website.