Deadline: 26 February 2016
Open to: companies/institutions registered in UNICEF’s programme countries
Grant: up to 100,000 USD
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) invites expressions of interest to receive funding that will be made available through the UNICEF Innovation Fund. The Fund provides investment-style funding for early-stage, open source technology solutions that address the most pressing challenges faced by children and young people.
The purpose of the Innovation Fund is to support new solutions from small businesses in markets that many companies or investors consider risky while UNICEF sees these markets as sources of opportunity. UNICEF will support companies registered in these markets in UNICEF’s programme countries- with a small amount of money to move solutions to the stage where these are proven to be workable and can be implemented.
- Companies/institutions to respond to this Expression of Interest –EOI, for open source technology solutions for children;
- A private company/institution registered in a UNICEF programme country;
- Working on open source technology solutions (or willing to be open source);
- Projects funded need to increase the ability of children to access information and to increase opportunity and choice. Specifically, projects should align with one of UNICEF Innovation’s three portfolio areas:
- Products for youth under 25 to address a range of needs including learning and youth participation;
- Real-time information for decision making and governance;
- Infrastructure to increase access to services and information, including connectivity, power, finance, sensors and transport.
UNICEF will consider applications for funding of approximately up to 100,000 USD. Considerations of Expressions of Interest with ideas that require more funding that the indicated amount will only be considered by UNICEF at its sole discretion and if this is is in the best interests of UNICEF.
How to apply?
Interested companies are required to complete and submit the EOI Response form and provide the information and supporting documents indicated in the form. EOIs Response forms must be submitted not later than 18.00 hrs (Eastern Standard Time) on 26 February 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.