Deadline: course starts 3 March 2016
Open to: students and practitioners with working level of English and draws on the fields of political science and law at the level of a Master’s programme
Course track: Audit Track for free, Certificate Track – EUR 49, Global Studies Certificate – EUR 149
About this course
This MOOC discusses what Global Workers’ Rights are and which instruments and strategies can be used to implement them. Based on a careful mix of video lectures, readings, online resources and interviews with activists and labour scholars from around the world, you will gain both knowledge and practical skills for furthering workers’ rights worldwide. In some countries, the online learning experience will be complemented with local workshops and the results of the local discussions will be uploaded into the MOOC for a truly global learning experience.
- Students and practitioners;
- Acess to the internet;
- Working level of English and draws on the fields of political science and law at the level of a Master’s programme;
- Theoretical concepts are explained in an accessible and well-illustrated way, so it is also possible to participate in the course based on skills and knowledge acquired outside formal education.
What will you learn?
- To understand the history and concept of global workers’ rights and the institutional structure of the International Labour Organization (ILO) as the key player in setting International Labour Standards;
- Be able to join the economic debate about labour standards and competitiveness, and understand the concepts behind the fundamental rights of Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining;
- Understand the different approaches for realizing decent work in the informal economy and gain an overview of instruments and initiatives beyond the ILO and trade union strategies in global supply chains;
- To apply this knowledge to a practical case from your country and gain skills and competencies for using the existing instruments and mechanisms for promoting workers’ rights worldwide.
How to enroll?
You can enroll for FREE at the iversity platform HERE. You can certify your learning by choosing the certificate track or simply audit the course without a certificate – Audit Track for free, Certificate Track – EUR 49, Global Studies Certificate – EUR 149.
For more information please visit the official website.