Deadline: 15 March 2016
Open to: undergraduate and postgraduate students, citizens of non EU countries
Scholarship: covers tuition, accommodation and financial support
Applications are invited for Romanian Government scholarships available for citizens of non EU countries. Up to 85 scholarships are awarded for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Romania. The monthly amount is granted to the students of the 1st (licenta) and 2nd (master) cycle throughout the whole academic year, the winter and spring vacation included, but not during the summer vacation. For full-time students of the 3rd cycle (doctorate), the monthly amount is granted throughout the whole calendar year.
- Citizens of non EU countries (irrespective of their country of residence);
- Priority is given to citizens from non EU states with which Romania does not have cultural and education cooperation agreements.
The scholarship consists of:
- Free-of-charge tuition;
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students hostels, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose);
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing : the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for the under-graduate students (1st cycle), the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle, RI737126839CN the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for post graduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle;
- These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport.
How to Apply?
The candidates should apply directly to: the Romanian diplomatic missions accredited to the candidate’s country of origin or of residence or to the diplomatic mission of candidate’s state of origin accredited to Bucharest. Application files submitted by post or directly to the MFA or to the MECS: Aleea Alexandru nr. 31, Sector 1, 011822 Bucharest.
List of documents necessary for the application file:
- Cover letter issued by the diplomatic mission of the country of origin accredited to Bucharest or of the Romanian Embassy in the respective country;
- MFA application form (HERE) for a scholarship to study in Romania;
- MECS application form (HERE) for the Letter of Acceptance to study in Romania;
- Authorized copies of the study documents (baccalaureate and university diplomas if necessary) and their authorized translation in Romanian, French and English if necessary.
More information can be found on the official website.