Deadline: 10 April 2016
Open to: individuals or groups of creators, 35 years old younger, from Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Slovenia, Serbia and Turkey
Awards: various kinds of awards (festival exhibition, trip to imm Cologne..)
Young Balkan Designers slogan for 2016 – “NEW ANALOGUE” calls for design projects − products, concepts, services and scenarios that are bringing human touch back into design process and manufacturing, linking them directly to materials, crafts and techniques available in the Balkan culture. How can Balkan as a society activate the value of its own cultural assets and contribute to the global debate on dehumanization of design and production process caused by hyper-efficient models of capitalist industrial and digital production and limiting usability-based approaches to design that tend to neglect other aspects of human factor – people’s personalities, their emotional responses and ideals? Challenge your thinking about humanization of the production process, implementation of local manual skills and crafts in contemporary design methodology! Envision your project as the Balkan’s contribution to economic and social sustainability of local communities worldwide, providing personal satisfaction in all phases of the process: creation, production and user experience!
- All members of Balkan Design Network aged 35 years and younger, from the following countries: Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Slovenia, Serbia and Turkey;
- Applicants may be individuals or groups of creators;
- Each applicant may sub- mit more than one entry.
Open Call 1: Young Balkan Designers: ‘New Analogue’
- Participation in the Talent Exhibition at Mikser Festival 2016 (40 projects)
- Touring Exhibition at design festivals in the region. (10–15 projects)
- Exclusive Invitation to participate in Open Call 2 (5–10 designers)
Open Call 2: [email protected] cologne 2017
- Production of winning prototypes
- Participation in Pure Talents exhibition at imm Cologne 2017 (January 2017)
- 3 day field trip to imm Cologne (January 2017)
How to apply?
In order to participate fill in online application form HERE.
For more information please check the official website.