Deadline: 14 March 2015
Open to: young professionals working in media aged 16 – 30, citizens or legal residents of the EU Member States
Scholarship: up to 540 Euros lump sum, travel costs reimbursement
Reporting on the European Youth Event 2016, European Youth Media Days 2016 from 19 to 21 May, in the European Parliament in Strasbourg. Innovative, interactive and inspiring to promote dialogue, exchange, learning and networking in media. The European Youth Press is looking for 20 young motivated journalists to become part of the team that will organize the 2016 edition of the European Youth Media Days (EYMD), one of the biggest events for young media-makers in Europe. Team members will facilitate seven media workshops (two TV, one radio, print, multimedia, photo and new media) and/or will assist participants and the organisers in external communication, guidance of participants, and logistical preparations during the three days. Candidates for the EYMD Team are welcomed to apply for one of the following positions:
- Project Coordinator;
- Assistant Project Coordinator;
- Media Teams Facilitators / Editors;
- External Communications Manager;
- Internal Communications Manager;
- Event Photographer;
- Designer / Layouter;
- Social Activities Manager.
- Be motivated, proactive and will preferably have worked with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Good communication / organising skills and a team spirit;
- A very good knowledge of English is necessary;
- Previous involvement in the European Youth Media Days or in other European Youth Press projects is a plus;
- Be available online before the event and able to dedicate several hours a week to preparations leading up to the EYMD;
- Expected to arrive in Strasbourg on May 19 and leave in the morning on May 22;
- Will have to be working for a mass media and able to provide official proof of their activities;
- Journalist students are welcome to apply as participants.
- Citizens or legal residents of the EU Members States Team members’ travel costs will be reimbursed by the European Parliament 1-2 weeks after the event, upon submission of all necessary documents;
- The European Parliament will also pay a lump sum of up to 540 Euros in total to team members involved in the project to cover accommodation and meals in Strasbourg; will be paid at the same time with the travel reimbursement, 1 to 2 weeks after the event;
- Team members will have to arrange their own travel;
- European Youth Press will assist with finding the accommodation in Strasbourg;
- Team members are responsible to provide the European Parliament with all necessary documents for reimbursement.
How to apply?
Apply by filling in application form. Don’t send any application documents via e-mail. Application deadline is March 14, 23:59 CET. For any questions, please send an email with the subject “EYMD team questions” to [email protected].
More information on the official website.