Deadline: 7 October 2016
Open to: students from Western Balkans states interested in natural science, technology or medicine
Scholarships: EUR 3,000 per individual study year
Scholarships for postgraduate (master or doctorate) studies are available to nationals of Western Balkan states for study in the Republic of Slovenia in the field of natural sciences, technology and medicine.
Under this call the following states are perceived as Western Balkans states: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Republic of Montenegro, Republic of Kosovo, Republic of Macedonia and Republic of Serbia.
Under this call it is not possible for an applicant to receive scholarship for Uniform master’s study programme.
- Foreign nationals with permanent residence outside Republic of Slovenia;
- Nationals of one of the Western Balkan States;
- About to finish or already finished their undergraduate studies at higher education institutions;
- Not accepted or enrolled in uniform master’s study programme;
- They are accepted or enrolled for master studies of second level or doctoral studies of third level in the field of natural sciences, technology or medicine in the academic year 2016/2017;
- Have a valid permit for temporary residence in the Republic of Slovenia for the purpose of study;
- Their studies in Slovenia are not part of an academic exchange programme;
- They will not be receiving any other scholarships or any other grants or similar funding for studies awarded under other regulations in Republic of Slovenia;
- On the first day of receiving scholarship they will not attain 28 years (see more about eligibility criteria HERE).
The amount of the resources available for the call for application is EUR 200,000 for the entire period of study for which the selected applicants will be granted scholarship, starting in calendar year 2016.
The scholarship can be granted for maximum as many years as are officially defined by the programme or less, if the scholarship is granted for a higher year of studies.
The scholarship is granted for:
- Living costs: in the total amount of EUR 8,400 for each study year. The scholarship shall be paid as a lump sum;
- Tuition fee: the maximum granted amount of yearly scholarship for tuition fee for an individual year of study shall amount to 100% of tuition fee, but not more than EUR 3,000 for individual study year.
How to apply?
The applicant must submit duly completed and signed application form.
The application (the application form, duly completed and signed, together with the required documentation) must be sent latest by 7 October 2016, to the following address:
Javni sklad Republike Slovenije za razvoj kadrov in štipendije
For more information please visit the official website.