Deadline: 31 March 2016
Open to: nationals/citizens of NATO Member States, studying Political Science, International Relations, Security Studies, Media Studies, Journalism, or related studies
Remuneration: interns will receive a lump sum of 800 EUR per month
About the Internship
NATO Defense College is offering Internship Programme for its member state countries. The NATO Defense College Internship Programme aims to provide a small number of current students or recent graduates (degree obtained no longer than 12 months ago) with the opportunity to “intern” with the NDC in Rome, Italy. Internships will, in principle, last 5 months (01 September 2016 – 31 January 2017).
Internships are offered in the following areas:
- Research Division (RD);
- Academic Operations Division (AOD);
- Curriculum Planning Branch (CPB);
- Public Affairs Office (PAO).
- Nationals/citizens of NATO Member States (Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom and United States);
- Candidates must be at least 21 and not older than 30 years at the time of internship;
- Current students (at least two years of university study) or recent graduates (degree obtained no longer than 12 months ago);
- Proficiency in English; desirable working knowledge of French;
- All interns will require a security clearance from their national authorities prior to working at NATO.
- Interns will receive a lump sum of 800 EUR per month;
- The payment is not exempt from taxation by the candidate’s original country;
- Interns must have health insurance cover, and will be required to sign a certificate confirming such cover;
- Interns will keep the same hours of work and have the same official public holidays as other NDC staff members. After three months of service interns shall be entitled to leave (including sick leave) at the rate of 2.5 days for every month of service completed;
- At the end of the internship, the Hosting Division/Branch will provide the intern with certification, which will include an evaluation of his/her work.
How to Apply?
Applicants must send following documents to: [email protected]:
- Internship application form;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- One-page motivational essay.
More information on the official website.