Deadline: 7 April 2016
Open to: non-Turkish citizens, 35 years old or younger, PhD students and young post-doctoral researchers
Scholarship: 2,500 TL/per month, travel costs (round trip up to 2,250 TL) and health insurance premiums (up to 2,250 TL)
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants fellowships for international highly qualified PhD students and young post-doctoral researchers to pursue their research in Turkey in the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities.
The program aims to promote Turkey’s scientific and technological collaboration with countries of the prospective researchers. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the potential to contribute significantly to Turkey’s goal of international cooperation in scientific and technological development. Maximum duration for the fellowship is 12 months.
- Non-Turkish citizens (applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible);
- Have an invitation from the universities or research institutes in Turkey;
- Have sufficient command of language to perform the research;
- Be 35 years old or younger;
- Be enrolled in a program in abroad for PhD students;
- Hold a PhD degree in Turkey should have a GPA minimum of 3.50/4.00 in PhD program.
- A monthly stipend of 2,500 Turkish Liras, approx. 780 EUR;
- Travel costs (round trip up to 2,250 TL) and Health insurance premiums (up to 2,250 TL).
How to apply?
All applications must be submitted electronically via TÜBİTAK scholarship application portal.
Application must be submitted with following documents:
- Application form;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Research proposal;
- A letter of acceptance from a university or a research institute in Turkey;
- A motivation letter from the scientist in charge/advisor in Turkey;
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications for the scientist in charge/advisor in Turkey;
- Language certificate;
- BSc, MSc and PhD transcripts;
- Student certificate for PhD students;
- Copy of PhD Diploma for post-doctoral applicants;
- Copy of birth certificate or passport;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Approval report of Ethics Committee the hosting institution.
Applications will be accepted twice a year:
- 1st Term: 7 March 2016 – 7 April 2016;
- 2nd Term: 31 August 2016 – 7 October 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.