Deadline: 31 May 2016
Open to: distinguished Polish and international artists as well as beginners in any graphic form
Awards: financial prizes for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place of a total 7,000 PLN (approx. 1,624 EUR)/ there will also be special prizes
The theme of this edition of Exlibris and Small Graphic Art Competition is “The Dreams of Gdańsk Neptune”, the god of the seas, sailors and fishermen. Exlibris and Small Graphic Art Competition organized by Gdańsk Archipelago of Culture and Gdańsk Community Foundation is of a periodical character. This worldwide and internationally significant event attracts distinguished Polish and international artists as well as beginners. The competition is to continue the rich, multi-century long tradition of creating exlibris and graphic works of art in Gdańsk and to promote the city of Gdańsk in Poland and abroad.
Competition entries are divided into two categories:
- Traditional techniques;
- Computer techniques.
The awarded and honoured works as well as other works qualified by the jury will be presented at an exhibition in Gdańsk in 2016 and in centres of culture in the Pomeranian region in 2017.
- Polish and international artists as well as beginners;
- Any graphic form artists.
Cash prizes in both categories:
- I Prize – 2. 000 PLN/ approx. 466 EUR;
- II Prize – 1. 000 PLN/approx. 232 EUR;
- III Prize – 500 PLN/approx. 150 EUR.
- Prize awarded by the Director of Gdańsk Archipelago of Culture;
- Prize awarded by the President of the Board of Gdańsk Community Foundation;
- Prize awarded by the Director of Gdańsk Library of Polish Academy of Sciences.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill in the online entry form. Deadline for applying is 31 May 2016.
For more information, please visit the official website.