Deadline: 10 April 2016
Open to: applicants who hold a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree in the field of Social Sciences, such as Economics, Business Administration, Economic Geography, Economic History, Innovation Studies or similar.
Fellowship: appointment and salary in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities
At The Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Business and Management, a position as PhD fellow within the field of innovation, development and renewable energy is open for appointment from 1 May 2016 or as soon as possible thereafter. The workplace is Aalborg University, Campus Copenhagen.
The preliminary theme of the position is: Global Value Chains in Renewable Energy: Lead Firm Strategies for Sub-Saharan Africa. The PhD student will take part in a larger research project on ‘Innovation and Renewable Electrification in Kenya’ financed by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Further information about aims and focus of the project can be found at the project website.
- Hold a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree;
- Hold a relevant Masters degree in the Social Sciences, such as Economics, Business Administration, Economic Geography, Economic History, Innovation Studies or similar;
- Expected to graduate before the date of appointment must forward documentation for the date of their final exam;
- Have strong analytical capabilities and exhibit a high degree of independence and maturity in their research work;
- Demonstrate academics skills;
- Be able to teach in English at both bachelor and graduate level and to prepare the PhD-thesis in English;
- Be capable of collaborating closely with industry and across cultures.
- Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities No 242 of 13 March 2012 and The Ministry of Higher Education and Science Circular;
- Salary will be in accordance with the agreements in force.
How to apply?
In order to apply for the position, please fill in the online application form and accompany it following documents:
- A personal statement, including the motives for the application;
- A preliminary project description (max 5 pages);
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae;
- A copy of the applicant’s Master’s degree certificate;
- A copy of the applicant’s Master’s degree thesis and published articles (if any);
- Foreign applicants must forward verified IELTS test (International English Language Testing System);
- Co-author statement;
- Two references informing about the applicant’s personality and professional capabilities.
For more information, please visit the official website.