Deadline: 1 May 2016
Open to: bachelor’s degree in urban planning, energy policy, finance/economics, or related field
Remuneration: calculated with an hourly rate based on experience
World Resources Institute is a global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being.
Internships at WRI provide opportunities for motivated young professionals to learn from the experts and participate in engaging work at the intersection of environment and development. WRI provides many internship opportunities throughout the year in all of our programs and offices. WRI seek interns with diverse backgrounds and who are passionate about the environment to help us make a direct global impact.
The intern will gain experience in the following areas:
- Research (60%): Complete research on the implementation of building efficiency and sustainable infrastructure in cities, primarily in emerging economies, with a focus on the topics of market information on building performance, innovative finance and business models, and the evolving role of buildings in urban energy systems;
- Project coordination (30%): Provide support to project staff with scheduling meetings, developing agendas, and managing contact information;
- Project outreach (10%): support the development of project outreach materials, including blog posts.
In addition, the intern will gain experience in:
- Conducting research;
- Conducting literature reviews;
- Assisting in organizing and analyzing data;
- Contributing to blogs;
- Developing outreach materials;
- Providing general administrative support;
- Supporting project development.
WRI does not sponsor interns for visas of any kind. Must have authorization to work in the U.S. to be eligible for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, energy policy, finance/economics, or related field. Advanced degree preferred;
- Conversational in Mandarin and/or Spanish is preferred;
- Excellent research skills;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team;
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner;
- Familiarity and experience with energy efficiency technologies and policies and/or urban infrastructure investments and municipal finance;
- Ability to think creatively;
- Highly responsible, self-motivated;
- Good sense of humor;
- Extremely well organized and efficient.
This is a paid intern position with an hourly rate based on experience. Internship is part-time or full-time for up to six months beginning as soon as May 2016. Full-time preferred.
How to apply?
All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered. Deadline is 1 May 2016.
Final candidate will be required to take a writing test and submit 2 writing samples.
For more information please visit the official webpage.