Deadline: 30 April 2016
Open to: doctoral students, post-doctoral and early career researchers, as well as MA students
Venue: 14-18 August 2016, Bishkek and Issyk-Kul, Kyrgyzstan
The PhD Summer School is embedded in the research and network project Fluid mobilities for cities in transformation: spatial dynamics of marshrutkas in Central Asia and the Caucasus (Marshrutka Project). Within the scope of the project, is the goal to gain insights into transformation processes through the lens of changing mobility practices. The summer school is designed to encourage transnational interdisciplinary discussions, and provide high-impact feedback and networking opportunities for its participants.
The summer school invites five project funded PhD students, ten external PhD students, ten project partners from Kyrgyz, Kazak, Tajik, Russian, Georgian and German academic institutions, international and local key-note speakers, trainers and stakeholders. Such a high student/professor ratio and a diverse regional and thematic expertise of the participants will ensure an opportunity for constructive in-depth discussions.
- Primarily for doctoral students from diverse disciplines, such as geography, urban studies, anthropology, social and political sciences, and others, interested in the questions of space, mobility and transformation;
- In exceptional cases, the applications from post-doctoral and early career researchers, as well as MA students will also be considered;
- The knowledge of the post-Soviet region is welcome but not necessary;
- The working language of the summer school will be English (for selected lectures, translation from Russian will be provided).
- The participation of the Summer School is for free;
- Travel grants up to EUR 400 to ten selected applicants;
- The participants of the Summer School will receive a certificate of attendance.
How to apply?
The application should include a motivation letter, a short CV and an abstract (not more than 500 words) of the paper you are planning to present at the summer school. Please submit the application to Lela Rekhviashvili ([email protected])
For more information, please visit the official website.