Deadline: 8 April 2016
Open to: graduate and postgraduate students (MA and PhD programs), young researchers, university lecturers, museum workers, not more then 35 years old
Venue: 11 July – 5 Auguts 2016, Lviv, Ukraine
Center for Urban History welcomes applications for the Summer School “Jewish History, Common Past and Heritage: Culture, Cities, Milieus.”
The Summer School is a serial educational project launched by the Center for Urban History in 2010. The project strives to introduce inclusive approach to the learning, researching, and teaching of Eastern and Central Europe in the 19th-20th centuries, as well as strengthen the awareness of the importance of Jewish history and heritage as part of multicultural past.
The program includes lectures in the Jewish history of Eastern Europe during the 19th to 20th centuries; an introductory course of Yiddish; and seminar courses on transnational approaches and topics, cultural history, memory and heritage studies. An important part of the program is practical work with resources and exploring different formats of implementing projects in the public space of the city. The program includes tours to historical sites and towns, meetings with experts, researchers, local community, and discussions.
- Graduate and postgraduate students (MA and PhD programs), young researchers, university lecturers, museum workers, practitioners in heritage from Ukraine, Belarus, Poland, and Russia;
- Age limit is 35 years;
- The working language is English. Participants must be comfortable working in English.
There is no program fee. The organizers will cover travel costs, accommodation, lunches, and excursions. The participants will be granted by Summer school certificates and Basic Yiddish certificates.
How to apply?
The application must include:
- Resume (CV);
- Motivation letter no more than 3,000 characters;
- Project description no more than 3,000 characters;
- Contact phone/e-mail of two scholars, whom we can contact for a reference if necessary.
The application must be emailed to [email protected], In the “Subject” please write “Application for Summer School 2016.” Applications can be submitted in English, Ukrainian, Polish, Russian, and Belorussian.
For more information, please visit the official website.