Deadline: 6 May 2016
Open to: game designers, educators, students, and scientists of all experience level
Awards: one winner will receive a US 10,000 prize to support development of the game; for four finalists free travel and accommodations
This is a creative challenge! Games can help inspire curiosity, creativity, collaboration, optimism and problem-solving, all of which are crucial elements in the collective impact to solve the climate challenge. Research shows that the best way to engage people in learning about and responding to climate change is to make it personally relevant. Tapping into values and worldview while also focusing on actionable solutions can empower individuals, communities and organizations to meaningfully address the challenges posed by a changing climate.
Games should focus on scientifically-grounded climate solutions: preventing carbon emissions, preparing for impacts, and/or promoting public awareness and understanding. The winning game will be engaging, entertaining, and empowering, allowing players to learn more about climate change and to better understand what they and others can do to make a difference.
Game designers, educators, students, and scientists of all experience levels are invited to propose a game that encourages diverse audiences, including (but not limited to) college students, decision makers, and lifelong learners, to understand and respond to climate change in their everyday lives.
- US 10,000 cash prize;
- Opportunities for mentoring with technical and/or content experts to further develop the winning prototype;
- Promotion on Games for Change’s website and social media channels.
- Two complimentary passes to the 2016 Games for Change Festival in NYC this June;
- Complimentary travel and lodging during Festival;
- Recognition on the Games for Change website and Festival communication;
- Opportunity to present design and network with other founders, activists, and designers.
How to apply?
Submissions are due by May 6, 2016. Submit online here.
For more information, please visit the official website.