Deadline: 30 September 2016
Open to: creative artists with new ideas for the design and shape of frames for paintings, photographs and mirrors
Prize: three main prizes a special award; 1st EUR 10,000 / 2nd EUR 4,000 /3rd EUR 3,000
There are many kinds of treasures – material and non-material – which, for most of us, hold an immense, immeasurable value. A way to protect these reminders of beautiful, precious, but occasionally heart-rending moments in our lives are photographs, paintings, and portraits of loved ones. To emphasize their personal value, we put them in frames. Picture frames are much older than we think. In fact, they have existed for much longer than photography.
The main expectation from artists and designers, participants in the contest is new, creative ideas for the design and shape of frames for paintings, photographs and mirrors to enclose memories, fragments of life, lasting impressions, imageries of scenes.
- This competition is open for everyone interested in: frames for paintings, photographs, imageries of scenes;
- Any natural person that complies with the set rules can submit an entry to the competition;
- If multiple persons submit a collective entry, they shall be regarded as co-entrants and shall share the right to one award as a single contestant.
- 1st place will be awarded EUR 10,000;
- 2nd place will be awarded EUR 4,000 worth of Zepter products as chosen by the awardee from Zepter catalogues;
- 3rd place will be awarded EUR 3,000 worth of Zepter products as chosen by the awardee from Zepter catalogues;
- A special award aimed at promotion of the artist (a participant in the contest) – Zepter International representatives shall choose one or more works to be produced in a limited series (up to 100 items) and to be exhibited in the company and/or other facilities worldwide, as chosen by the company, with the designer’s name clearly displayed;
- The Special Award may be given both to the winners of one of the first three prizes or any other participant of the contest.
How to apply?
There is no limit to the number of submissions by any individual contestant, but each work must be submitted as a separate entry.
For more information, please visit the official website.