Deadline: 17 June 2016
Open to: local non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations
Grants: CAD 50,000 (the maximum allocation amount for a project)
The Embassy of Canada in Thailand is pleased to launch its annual call for proposals for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI). The CFLI is a responsive, flexible program, directly managed by the Embassy of Canada, designed to fund small but visible, high impact, results-oriented projects. In general, CFLI projects are locally designed and implemented, making the program highly responsive to local needs and interests.
- Championing inclusive and accountable governance, peaceful pluralism and respect for diversity and human rights;
- Promoting gender equality and empowerment of women and girls;
- Addressing climate change and enhancing environmental sustainability;
- Stimulating sustainable and green economic growth;
- Promoting stability and security.
All projects must be completed between the date of signature of the Contribution Agreement and 28 February 2017.
- Local non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations;
- Local academic institutions working on local projects;
- International, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organizations and agencies working on local development activities;
- Municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies of the recipient country working on local projects;
- Canadian non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations that are working on local development activities through a local office.
The average contribution is (Canadian dollars) CAD 15,000 to CAD 30,000 (CAD 50,000 being the maximum allocation amount for a project). Consult the currency converter for local currency equivalents.
How to apply?
Process to submit a Proposal:
- Deadline for submission is 17 June 2016 at 17:00. Applications submitted later than stated date and time will not be considered;
- Only those proposals using the indicated application form will be considered;
- Proposals must be completed in English or French;
- As required in project narrative of the application form, each proposal must explicitly answer all stated questions and provide a summary of all project activities. The proposed project budget must reflect the costs associated with each proposed project activity;
- Proposals should be submitted electronically to the following e-mail: email@example.com;
- Applications will be assessed for approval on their merits by a Selection Committee;
- Due to the large number of applicants, only the successful candidates will be contacted.
For advice and assistance on how to make a submission, please contact: Canada Fund for Local Initiatives Coordinator (CFLI Coordinator) e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit the official website.