Deadline: 27 July 2016
Open to: 32 years of age or younger citizens of a member country of the World Bank with 3 years professional experience
Remuneration: competitive salary based on their education and professional experience
The World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a starting point for an exciting career in the World Bank. It is a unique opportunity for younger talent who have both a passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the World Bank Group.
Placed directly with their respective hiring teams, Young Professionals are expected to make significant contributions towards the unit’s work program while they gain a broad overview of the WBG’s policies and work.
During the Program, Young Professionals assigned to the Operations stream are likely to join colleagues on field business trips, also called ÃÂmissions in developing countries.
A comprehensive development curriculum has been designed to ensure that WBG YPs develop a WBG mindset, gain quickly the foundational learning needed to understand and contribute to the WBG, and build the competencies required at an officer’s level: collaboration, leadership, integrative thinking, and innovation skills, while strengthening a culture of continuous learning.
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank;
- 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after October 1, 1984);
- A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience;
- Fluency in English;
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required;
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others;
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
As an entry-level professional in the WBG, Young Professionals are offered an internationally competitive salary, based on their education and professional experience.
How to apply?
Register on the online platform of World Bank, together with your application attach the following documents:
- Education Certificates/Transcripts;
- PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topic (short summary), if applicable;
- Application Essay.
Deadline for applying is 27 July 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.