Deadline: 30 June 2016
Open to: applicants with University degree, preferably in behavioural science, education or social sciences; with at least 5 years of professional experience
Remuneration: the fee will be paid upon the submission of the deliverables
The UN System in Montenegro is committed to partnering with the Government of Montenegro and other relevant stakeholders in designing programmatic interventions for further improvement of the environment for youth empowerment and participation. UNICEF Montenegro participates in the Joint UN Youth Programme with a broad range of programmes: from quality education and introduction of social and emotional skills in educational curricula and empowering adolescent boys and girls through innovation and social entrepreneurship, to policy level interventions across various sectors.
Purpose of the consultancy is to assist UNICEF Montenegro in developing a pilot youth information service based on Behavioural science approach, targeting adolescents and youth, and focusing on improvement of their employability.
Activities and tasks:
- To conduct a desk review of documents, studies, reports (to be provided by UNICEF Montenegro);
- To create a road map for piloting a youth information services with behavioural insights as the primary approach;
- To conduct a needs assessment of adolescents and youth focusing on access to information and employability;
- To involve adolescents and youth in the design process through participatory approach;
- To engage with national counterparts tasked with national youth policy making;
- To synthetize all inputs received and develop a pilot youth information service based on Behavioural Science approach;
- To create a framework for monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the pilot service;
- To build capacities of the service providers (national and local) for the design, implementation and management of the pilot service;
- Conduct a succinct training on behavioural science approach in service design for UNICEF Montenegro staff and selected participants (more info in the official call).
- University degree, preferably in Behavioural Science, Education or Social Sciences;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the area of applying behavioural economics;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to effectively use online tools for the purposes of the assignment;
- Ability to keep with strict deadlines.
- The fee will be paid upon the submission of the deliverables;
- Lump sum financial offer consisting of fee for the services to be provided, travel and subsistence costs, as applicable, should be submitted together with application;
- The contactor’s fee may be reduced if the assignments/deliverables are not fulfilled to the required standard. In a case of serious dissatisfaction with the contractor’s performance the contract may be terminated in line with UNICEF procedure in such matters and as spelled out in SSA.
How to apply?
If you are interested please apply by sending a CV, P11 form, financial offer and cover letter by email: [email protected], fax: +382 20 447 400, quoting the position “Development of a pilot Youth information service using Behavioral science approach, with focus on employability” or by mail to the following address: UNICEF, UN Eco House, Stanka Dragojevica bb, 81 000 Podgorica.
Closing date for applications is 30 June 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
For more information please visit the official website.