Deadline: 15 July 2016
Open to: candidates with university degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field such as international relations, European affairs, humanitarian assistance, international development, political science or advocacy and with Fluency in English
Remuneration: meal cheques and transport allowance
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization which provides assistance and protection to people affected by displacement due to conflict. NRC is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, has operations in 25 countries and representation offices in Addis Ababa, Brussels, Dubai and Geneva.
The Advocacy and Admin Assistant will report to the NRC Europe Finance Manager for admin tasks and to the EU Advocacy Adviser.
- Monitoring and preparing notes, briefings and updates on EU institutions and Member States’ humanitarian and development policies and activities;
- Conduct background research on relevant EU policies and activities and analyse official EU documents;
- Manage and update NRC Europe contact database;
- Assist in the organisations of events, from contacting EU/Member States’ officials to booking venues;
- Attend relevant meetings organised by the EU, Member States, NGOs and draft notes;
- Provide support for purchases, processing of invoices and bank payments;
- Order and manage office supplies and equipment;
- Provide support with management of postal, telephone, and general office-wide administration activities;
- Provide assistance with recruitment processes when required;
- Assist with facility management matters, including liaison with the building manager;
- Other tasks as needed.
- University degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field such as international relations, European affairs, humanitarian assistance, international development, political science or advocacy;
- Fluency in English, knowledge of other EU languages (French in particular) is an asset;
- Excellent oral and communication skills;
- Good knowledge of EU institutions;
- Organizational skills, ability to multitask, prioritize and work efficiently with limited supervision;
- Comfortable in a multicultural professional and/or NGO environment;
- Fully computer literate;
- Being eligible to work in Belgium.
Contract: Belgian “Social immersion professional contract”, with 13th month, meal cheques and transport allowance included.
How to apply?
In order to apply for the position please register at the job application portal.
Starting date is 1 September 2016.
The deadline for applications is 15 July 2016.
For more information, please visit the official website.