Deadline: 15 September 2016
Open to: any properly registered not-for-profit organisation that represents, or is working with or for communities affected by HIV and AIDS
Grant: The maximum funding available is £50,000 over two years
ViiV Healthcare invites applications for Positive Action for Girls and Women Fund with an aim to tackle the harmful practices and norms that limit the aspirations of girls and women and increase their vulnerability to HIV.
The project focus lies on reducing the commoditisation of girls as well as supporting projects and organisations that advocate for girls and women.
- Community leadership to improve knowledge of and access to appropriate sexual and reproductivehealth information and services in early adolescence;
- Reducing incidence of an ending community acceptance of early marriage, forced marriage and relationships of power imbalance;
- Community interventions to end sexual and gender based violence, particularly amongst adolescent girls;
- Community initiatives that support HIV positive adolescent girls to access appropriate SRH information and services; and reduce HIV related stigma and discrimination that may lead to vulnerability for these girls;
- Community advocacy that address punitive laws and policies that put adolescent girls at risk of harassment, violence and/or arrest by the police, including girls in key populations.
- The PAGW is targeted at helping communities affected by HIV and AIDS. Any properly registered not-for-profit organisation that represents, or is working with or for, affected communities is eligible to submit a proposal;
- There are no geographical restrictions on applications, although it is expected grants will be primarily in Africa given the need for projects to demonstrate link with HIV risk;
- Programmes from other developing world countries such as Latin America, Central Asia, Middle East & North Africa and East/South/South East Asia are also eligible, but will need to demonstrate link to HIV risk if lower prevalence setting.
The maximum funding available is £50,000 over two years.
How to Apply?
Please submit your application via the online application system. If you have previously registered on the PACF Salesforce system, please use your existing log in details HERE. If you have not previous registered, please click on this link HERE. The closing date for all applications 15 September 2016.
For more information, please visit the official website.