Deadline: 15 July 2016
Open to: University degree holders with qualification in law, economics, social science, or another relevant field; with 2+ years of relevant experience with an NGO, international organization, multinational company, diplomatic mission, or another relevant workplace
Remuneration: duration of the contact is undetermined; salary will be commensurate with experience
The Romedia Foundation is a Romani non-governmental organization based in Budapest, Hungary, working to contribute to a positive perception of Romani ethnic identity, combating anti-Romani prejudice and to provide alternative information to policy makers on the Roma through the production of films and videos, international multi-media campaigns and public events. The latest documentary film, Jazz Way Out, is coproduced by HBO Europe?
The Romedia Foundation is looking for the program manager who will join a young, international team dedicated to bringing change to the image of Roma through film/video production. The Romedia Foundation brings together the worlds of film production and empowerment advocacy under its umbrella in a highly creative atmosphere.
The Program Manager’s main tasks:
- Manage and coordinate the Romedia Foundation’s citizen journalism project (including draft grant applications and reports);
- Support the implementation of the organization’s fundraising strategy, build and maintain partnerships with diverse stakeholders such as Romani NGOs and foreign representations in Hungary and represent the organization at conferences and other events;
- Have a particular focus on the management and coordination of the Romedia Foundation’s cross-border citizen journalism education project BUVERO, targeted at young Romani women, RomArchive– Digital Archive of the Roma, an international digital archive for art of the Roma and engage in Romedia Foundation’s advocacy efforts.
- University degree or professional qualification in law, economics, social science, or another relevant field;
- 2+ years of relevant experience with an NGO, international organization, multinational company, diplomatic mission, or another relevant workplace;
- Field experience in Romani communities would be an asset;
- Proven management, leadership and organizational skills to manage diverse and international projects;
- Experience with TV/film/media production and/or advocacy campaigns would be an asset;
- Excellent social and intercultural skills, and the ability to establish and maintain partnerships with diverse stakeholders;
- Fluency in Hungarian and English are required;
- Good command of Romanes, German, French, Serbian, or another European language would be an advantage;
- Openness to film industry is essential.
- Duration of the contact is undetermined;
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
How to apply?
Required application documents:
- Europass CV;
- Motivation letter;
- Name and contact details of one or two reference person(s)
Please, submit your application by 15 July, 2016 via e-mail to: Katalin Bársony, Executive Director of Romedia Foundation; [email protected]
For more details please visit the official website.