Deadline: 31 July 2016
Open to: new Kanji or Latin typeface designs, by any individual, group or nationality.
Award: 1,000,000 Japanese Yen (8,250 USD)
Morisawa’s International Type Design Competition has been giving birth to a new typeface design from 1984. The recent competitions held in 2012 and 2014 have received more than 1,000 entries, from over 20 countries and regions.
The 2016 Competition will mark the 31st anniversary of the Awards.
- All category winners will receive a testimonial and a trophy;
- The number of submissions per entrant is not limited;
- The entry is possible in any or in both competition categories.
- Awards will be announced in several categories and the total value of prize money that will be awarded is almost 50,000 USD;
- The best Kanji and Latin typefaces will both be awarded with 1,000,000 Japanese Yen (8,250 USD).
How to apply?
To submit an entry, you must register first and obtain an Entry ID.
Find more information at the official web-page.