Deadline: 15 August 2016
Open to: Master degree holders in history, literary and language studies, art history, theater studies, political science, and law
Scholarships: research assistant positions and PhD positions
The Graduate School for East and Southeast European Studies is a cooperative project between the two universities, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat from Munich and Universitat Regensburg. The school invites master students to apply for a research position at the school in three broad interdisciplinary fields:
- Origins and Forms of Social and Political Change;
- Cultural Systems;
- Infrastructure, Migration and Transfer of Knowledge.
The research at the graduate school focuses particularly on interrelations and interdependencies between East and Southeast Europe and other regions of the world.
In order to be eligible you should meet the following criteria:
- Very good graduate degree (Master’s, Magister, German Diploma, State Examination or equivalent degree);
- Independent research project within the fields of interest to the graduate school;
- Interest in Interdisciplinary research questions and sensitivity for transnational and spatial perspectives;
- Knowledge of German and English;
- Knowledge of the language of the research object.
Research assistant positions
These positions are assigned to conduct an Independent PhD project. The remuneration is based on Grade E 13 (65%) of the German Public Service Salary Scale. It includes a teaching obligation of one semester hour per week.
PhD Scholarships are awarded with basic monthly stipend of 1.365 Euro, plus travel funds, grants for material costs, child-care expenses in accordance with DFG guidelines where applicable.
How to apply?
In order to apply fill in the online application which must include the following documents:
- Research proposal of 4 to 6 pages;
- Work plan and time schedule;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Degree certificates (after higher education entrance qualification);
- Abstract of the Master’s thesis;
- List of publications if applicable;
- References by two university professors.
The deadline for application is 15 August 2016. For more information visit the official website.