Deadline: 31 July 2016
Open to: candidates with excellent IT skills and fluent written and spoken English
Remuneration: monthly gross salary EUR 1,044.24
The British Bilateral Embassy in Belgium is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Part-time Office Assistant for Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC) team. The position is a fixed term maternity cover for 6 months approximately. Based in Brussels, the selected candidate will offer support with the administrative functions of the Fiscal Crime Liaison office and to provide assistance to the A2 with the general office duties and accounting records.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating meeting and travel arrangements for FCLO and visiting staff;
- Establishing and maintaining a contacts’ record;
- Filing and general office duties as directed;
- Keeping accounting records up to date and accurate;
- Providing financial reports as required;
- Payment of bills;
- Monitoring the activity of the post account / local account;
- Maintaining basic systems including those concerned with filing and archiving, provision of office consumables;
- Maintaining a record of locally held IT and other equipment.
- Excellent IT skills – including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Excellent organisational / administrative skills;
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, and a good telephone manner;
- Ability to multi-task, plan ahead, prioritise;
- Organises own work, papers and files methodically – excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to demonstrate confidentiality, integrity and reliability;
- Able to successfully undergo security clearance procedures.
The monthly gross salary for this position is EUR 1,044.24 A1 (L) level (The British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium salaries are not subject to annual indexation).
How to apply?
In order to apply for this position visit the online application platform and submit the application latest by 31 July 2016.
For more information, please visit the official website.